As we speak I wish to introduce to you one of the profitable free to play - games: the double Golden Joystick - winner "League of Legends" by Riot Games!
League of Legends is a MOBA-Game (Multiplayer On-line Battle Arena), which is oriented in the direction of the well-known Warcraft 3 - Map "Protection of the Ancients".
For many who by no means played DotA (are there any?) and who do not know the game idea I will explain it in detail:
League of Legends does not put excessive requirements in your PCs. You need at the very least:
- processor with 2 GHz - 1 GB RAM, - DirectX 9.zero capable video card, - 750 MB free hard disk area, - DSL or similar
Create an account either on the server EU West, EU Nordic/East or US, depending on the place you live. You can also create an account on US while living in Europe but you will experience higher pings then. I provide you with a hyperlink to create an account in my author's bio. Select a name (at all times the toughest half) and a nice picture and off you go!
There are 2 groups 5 gamers (there are more game modes, however they don't seem to be necessary at first because as a newbie you need to start with 5vs5 to study the gameplay). Before every match you all choose a "champion" who is the character you need to use in battle. Dependant in your private preferendes it can be e.g. an undead mage, a giant granite golem, somewhat boy using on a Yeti, a brave knight and many more.All in all there are more than eighty (!) completely different champions and each second week one is added.
Every champions has 4 completely different skills (3 normal and one further robust, the "Final") and a passive, which he has since the beginning. You learn the skills by leveling up ingame and your max champion degree is 18 which implies that you've 5 factors in each normal skill and 3 in your ultimate.
You obtain expertise for levelling up by:
1. Being near when enemy minions or impartial monsters are killed by your troops (it is not necessary to kill them yourself!)
2. killing or helping to kill enemy champions
To start with you usually play whatever you want, later it's useful to communicate together with your teammembers earlier than the match begins so that you've got a balanced setup and never 5 champions of the identical kind.
The completely different sorts of champions are roughly:
1. Mages ("AP Carries": AP means ability energy, they primarily deal magical harm with their talents)
2. Fighters ("AD Carries": AD means Attack Harm, they primarily deal physical harm with their autoattacks)
3. Tanks (They are laborious to kill and defend their very own carries, for instance by gorgeous or taunting the enemies)
4. Supports (They've either buffs or heals to assist their carries and preserve them alive)
5. Junglers (They don't start in the lane but within the jungle and support their teammates by ganking and ambushing the enemies)
The attention-grabbing level is: Relying on the items you equip on your champions they are usually able to meet totally different roles!
In the beginning you do not have personal champions, but each week there are 10 free ones which everyone can use. After some matches you should purchase extra champions with influence factors (IP) in the shop. I will come to this later.
The map has 3 different lanes, which lead from your own to the enemy base. On these lanes there are several Towers which you should destroy before you'll be able to attack the base itself. As a help your main building ("Nexus") spawns minion waves briefly intervals which enable you in fights. Between the lanes there's the "jungle", the place neutral monsters are located. In the event you kill these you obtain gold and/or momentary buffs.
As soon because the match begins everyone has a couple of minute to spend his beginning capital on items in the shop.
This doesn't take lengthy since you do not have a lot gold within the beginning. There are different ways to earn gold in the game:
1. Everyone receives gold over time
2. Killing enemy minions or neutral monsters (right here it is very important give them the ultimate blow, the so known as "lasthitting")
3. Killing or assisting to kill enemy champions
4. Destroying enemy buildings (towers and inhibitors -> destroying them makes your minions stronger)
5. There are a number of gadgets which grant you additional revenue (the so known as gold/5 objects -> they provide you 1 gold each 5 seconds)
If you happen to destroy the enemy principal building (Nexus) your crew wins. For being able to attack the Nexus, nonetheless, you need to destroy all 3 towers and the inhibitor on at the very least one lane and the 2 towers which protect the Nexus. So it's not the most effective concept to hunt the enemy champions 24/7 should you don't push the lanes on the similar time. A median match takes 30-45 minutes, rarely greater than an hour. As soon because the match reaches minute 20 it is also potential to surrender.
More game modes are a 3vs3 and a reasonably new domination map ("Dominion") where you must capture and defend sure points. In addition there are ranked modes for gamers with summoner degree 30 (rationalization follows) wherein you receive an Elo rely depending in your wins and losses. For beginners I extremely suggest the traditional 5vs5 map!
League of Legends additionally has an RPG part. You do not solely choose a name and an image for yourself (you are a so called "summoner", don't shirt league of legends
combine it up with the "champions") but you are also able to stage up yourself and buy small buffs with Affect Factors (IP).